Skip to main content

Stand-by


Stand-by
"Honey, I need this",
"Sweetie, can you get me that?",
 "Darling, could you please accompany me here?"
"Sugar, you are so wonderful"
Every minute, every second,
Honey this!
Darling, that!
Ooh, oh, so when do I get to be the 'friend',
I'm always standing in for someone,
I'm always a stand-by.
When the 'friend' hurts or betrays her,
That's when I become of some importance,
That's when I'm seen as a 'friend',
A 'friend' for a second.
Once the problem is solved,
Our friendship goes back as old,
And I go back to being the stand-by.
I'm always cleaning up another's mess,
Nursing the wounds inflicted by another.
I'm almost hurt
But thanks to God
For being the best friend I could ever have,
For giving me friends 
To erase all this hurt,
Friends to treat me as 'friend'.
I'll always be a comforter
To a soul that needs comfort
No matter how I'm treated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Plea to You

My Plea to You.  You made me smile  Yet my heart was with someone else. I hurt you  But you were still there for me. You showed me more  Care and concern than anyone else  But I still couldn't love you I kept asking myself, why?  Why you? Why couldn't I love the one guy Who's ready to go the extra mile for me?  Is there any problem with me? Is it that I'm blind to see? Or deaf to hear?  Or dead to feel?  I'm sorry I couldn't love you the way you wish I should. I'm sorry you couldn't call me Your own. It hurts me more  Than you can imagine  That I couldn't love you. I promise to be there for you Whenever you need me As long as God grants us life. This is from the deepest part of my heart to you. I love you- My dearest friend.  Dedicated to You.

Facts of Nature

Facts of Nature I don’t know that but It’s not breaking up, It’s juust staying away From you. I llove you The way I always do. My love for you has not change And I don’t think it’ll ever change. It’s a matter of the period of time In which we are now. It’s not understandable Neither is explainable. Our friendship holds But no more as before. The fire is partially quenched And can’t be rekindled. Even if it is, not as it used to be Before- Anymore. It’s now time we find our ways, Find the places we belong, We don’t belong together And can’t force to be Because it’s a fact of nature. It hurts it has to be This way but Who know the future, Maybe we’ll meet again But always knows I still love you and Will never stop loving you.

Precious You

Precious You You have journeyed through life For all these years. Through the hardships and joyous times. You've been treated well by many, But others did otherwise. There have been those moments In your journey of life. Those moments known and experienced by You. You are blessing to every life in contact with you And lives you step into. Blessed mightily by the only Creator- God. Every minute and every second, Every micro-second and every nanosecond Of your life is very special, It shows not only the precious gem That you are, But your ultimate uniqueness. Also, how much of a treasure You are in the hands of the Lord God. Exactly some twenty-something years this day Family smiled. Life offers a lot Making the right choice is dependent on You. A lot of presents to choose from But I am not sure of which was the best And if I made a perfect choice for this occasion. Happy Birthday.