Skip to main content

What I wanted


What I wanted
I’ve realized I can’t always have
What I wanted,
But always had what I needed.
I always wanted friends
But I always had the friends
I needed.
They’re always there to comfort me,
They get to study and know me
As they have to.
They understand my actions
And correct me when I’m wrong.
There are times where;
There’s shedding of tears,
There’s holding of hands
Assuring ourselves we’re always
There for each other;
There’s great laughter and joy.
They know we’re are not perfect
But have the ability
Of becoming so.
We understand each other
Whether in pain or sadness
And joy or happiness.
We’ve always got each other’s
Back covered.
We stand in the gap for each other
And remember to always
Say a word of prayer.
I’m happy to always have
What I needed.
Even though I never get what I wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Plea to You

My Plea to You.  You made me smile  Yet my heart was with someone else. I hurt you  But you were still there for me. You showed me more  Care and concern than anyone else  But I still couldn't love you I kept asking myself, why?  Why you? Why couldn't I love the one guy Who's ready to go the extra mile for me?  Is there any problem with me? Is it that I'm blind to see? Or deaf to hear?  Or dead to feel?  I'm sorry I couldn't love you the way you wish I should. I'm sorry you couldn't call me Your own. It hurts me more  Than you can imagine  That I couldn't love you. I promise to be there for you Whenever you need me As long as God grants us life. This is from the deepest part of my heart to you. I love you- My dearest friend.  Dedicated to You.

Facts of Nature

Facts of Nature I don’t know that but It’s not breaking up, It’s juust staying away From you. I llove you The way I always do. My love for you has not change And I don’t think it’ll ever change. It’s a matter of the period of time In which we are now. It’s not understandable Neither is explainable. Our friendship holds But no more as before. The fire is partially quenched And can’t be rekindled. Even if it is, not as it used to be Before- Anymore. It’s now time we find our ways, Find the places we belong, We don’t belong together And can’t force to be Because it’s a fact of nature. It hurts it has to be This way but Who know the future, Maybe we’ll meet again But always knows I still love you and Will never stop loving you.

The Love of my Life

The Love of my Life I'm far more precious than the way I'm treated My father kept reminding me of How unique I was How there was no one like me I never believed that I was stuck with the lies I told myself Life, I thought, was so unfair to me I stayed up all night Thinking to myself I had had enough of this life And it was time to do something About it What I never knew till this moment Was how everything I went or was going through Was just a path leading to my destination How I was been drawn nearer to my time To my victory To my breakthrough To my power To my success To the harvest time of God's promise In my life For all these years I've been my own enemy I kept dragging myself deeper into the muddy stream But this day, My Lord,My God Has opened my eyes to see The real stuff I was made of I am more than a conqueror! I am God's favorite child! I am a royal! I am blessed and highly favoured!